Preparing for the PSLE is one of the most strenuous tasks for a 12-year old – both physically and emotionally. The unceasing homework assigned by the school, the endless tuition lessons to fulfil and the unsurmountable past-year examination papers/assessment books to complete…in addition, the fear of not performing to expectations! Read more about the nightmares that you can help your child to avoid when preparing for the PSLE.
A snapshot by George Campbell, a freelance writer from Birmingham, England, UK. on the various options opened to parents in search of tuition services for their children. George has been a teacher for four years.
More than 150 brave students from various schools took part in the annual thinkingMath@onSponge> P6 Paper 2 Mock Assessment held at the National Library Building on 21st July 2013. The objective of the Mock Assessment was part of the PSLE preparation programme for P6 students from Oodles Learning, certified tuition partner of onSponge. The top 3 students with the highest score walked away with an All-in-one E-printer kindly sponsored by Hewlett Packard. Read the thoughts as well as study tips in preparation of the coming PSLE.
With the milestone national examination barely 6 weeks away, many Primary 6 students islandwide should by now be geared up in their momentum in preparation for the D-day, 27th September. Preparing for PSLE, or for that matter the many more examinations that our children will go through, goes beyond the endless working on practice papers or workbooks. Click here to read more.
This article explores the various types of Enrichment and Tuition Centres and how they have mushroomed over the years. More importantly, it aims to provide parents and guardians on how to make informed choices before enrolling their child into one.
More Articles ...
- The Business of Education or The Education Business (Part 2)
- Specialised Independent Schools
- The Integrated Programme or The International Baccalaureate?
- Post-primary educational pathways – What are my best options?
- What Makes A Good Story (Part 2)
- What Makes A Good Story
- Why Students Write Poor Composition
- Tee off on the T-score
- How to Help Students Write Better
- TIMSS validates Singapore's innovations in maths education
- Nation building and school volunteerism
- A kinder, gentler Singapore - the CIP way in schools
- Got sports talent? Check out Singapore Sports School
- Test scores: Know what they really mean
- Going from primary to secondary: Know what to expect