Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: P6 Science

P6 Science 3 years 8 months ago #1

:cheer: Pls help me for the Science questions.Urgent!!!

Q1)Habitats have different temperature conditions.
State one reason why the pond habitat does not become as hot as the field habitat.

Q2a)Explain how dead organisms can be both direct or indirect energy sources to other living organisms besides decomposers?
b)Is a decomposer a predator? Explain your answer.

Q3)Ronaldo set up an experiment using object A,B,C,a wooden block to tilt the ramp at one end. He rolled objects A,B and C down the ramp.Each of the objects was rolled from the same starting point. The time taken for objects A,B and C to reach the bottom of the ramp was recorded in the table below. The experiment was carried out three times.

Time Taken(seconds)

Object 1st try 2nd try 3rd try
A 2.5 4.3 3.3
B 0.5 2.1 1.1
C 1.6 3.1 2.6

State 2 possible reasons to explain why the time taken for each object to reach the bottom of the ramp was different.

I put one possible reason was that he did not use the same amount of force to push each object down the ramp.(is it correct?)What could be the other reason,it cannot be the surface of the ramp or the angle the wooden block(is at a fix height).

Txs :unsure:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:P6 Science 3 years 8 months ago #2

:dry: I shall help you with Q3.

This may be due to the human reaction time error or at a certain period there was wind to blow the object.

Hope this helps! :silly:

Re:P6 Science 3 years 7 months ago #3

Q1) It is so that the water in the pond would not evaporate

i think so!

Re:P6 Science 3 years 6 months ago #4

Q1. This is because water is a poor conductor of heat. It heats up slower than grass in the field. Therefore, the temperature of a pond habitat is lower than the field habitat.

Q2a. dead organisms can be a direct source of energy when scavengers feed on them. Indirect energy when they are broken down into mineral salts to help plants grow well and when organisms feed on these plants, energy is passed on.

2b. i'm not sure of the answer. But imo, decomposers are not predators. Predators hunt for food. Think about it, grasshopper is not a predator although it eats grass. It is a consumer.

Q3. Your reason might be correct. It could also be because of the surface of the different objects.
  • Rene

Re:P6 Science 3 years 6 months ago #5

Most of with Rene's answers are right.Except Q1

Q1. Both the pond and the field experience the same amount of heat. Think back to your P4 topic on "Matter".
Even though it IS a bad conductor the main reason is because the heat energy is used to change water from one state to the other(water vapour). That is why the pond never gets hot even in the hottest days. It just evaporates and dries up.

The field gets very hot not because it is a good conductor of heat, but unlike the pond there is no way for the heat to be released so the heat gets trapped in the ground building up from warm in the morning to hot by the afternoon.

as for the last question different force applied, uneven object surfaces are both correct. Even uneven plank surface is an acceptable answer.
  • Page:

About Us | Contact Us | Join Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Sign Up

Copyright 2008 onSponge Pte Ltd. All rights reserved

Protected by R Antispam