With the milestone national examination barely 6 weeks away, many Primary 6 students islandwide should by now be geared up in their momentum in preparation for the D-day, 27th September. Preparing for PSLE, or for that matter the many more examinations that our children will go through, goes beyond the endless working on practice papers or workbooks. Click here to read more.
This article explores the various types of Enrichment and Tuition Centres and how they have mushroomed over the years. More importantly, it aims to provide parents and guardians on how to make informed choices before enrolling their child into one.
This article explores the various educational and academic choices, mainly the Integrated Programme (IP), the International Baccalaureate (IB) and Specialised Independent Schools (SIS) that are available to our students. Ultimately, of more importance, is the suitability of the programme based on our child’s strength and interest.
Parents often lament that their children score poorly in composition examinations. Naturally, most of these parents are anxious to try to find out why their children are simply not scoring in their compositions despite the regular library trips or getting supplementary help through various writing workshops and tuition classes. There are several reasons which can account for the poor results suffered by these students.
In A Letter to Parents (Part 2), the author continues to share on the insight of the generic youths as they move into the early and mid-teens.
If our children had the maturity to speak to their parents as equals what insight might they reveal? In the language of the heart, what might be the ultimate conversation all parent-child pairs eventually speak? In this 2 part essay, the author takes on the voice of the generic youth in contemporary Singapore.
- New Media = New Children?
- Is your child a slave to the Internet?
- How to Help Students Write Better
- The Brand "You"
- Nation building and school volunteerism
- Overweight kids tend to be bullied more, study suggests
- A kinder, gentler Singapore - the CIP way in schools
- Interactive global adventure awaits you in “39 Clues”
- Beyond academics - learning through risk-taking
- Teachable moments: Being there for your tween
- Instill a joy of writing: 3 terrific things to try
- Exploring fun ideas for December holidays!
- Raising gifted kids
- Connecting with your teens
- Coaching style backfired